Water Fast : Days 3 & 4

Day 3 was extemely rough. I started to pray and listen to gospel music around mid day and that lasted for about 3 hours. I was very hungry and I know it has a lot to do with me not drinking enough water. (But having to urinate every 20 minutes is not fun)

In leu of the band launches in Trinidad for Carnival 2016 I decided to do a look inspired by one of Tribe's costumes. Figured it would take my mind off food.
Sure enough, it worked. I posted this look up on my personal Facebook page to get the opinions of my friends and family- hands down everyone liked my ombré lip better than my "simple" lip.  


This look definitely challenged me to step out of my comfort zone and I'm really proud of myself! I will keep practicing and I will get better. 

Doing makeup on myself or a client- it's just so relaxing to me and I feel so blessed to be able to do what I love for a living! 

Day 4 my hunger was completely gone; but my cravings were at an all time high. I have been craving a juicy burger fresh off a blazing charcoal grill... mmmmm!! I started to feel really dizzy so I drank some coconut water. That was the most refreshing & invigorating thing my taste buds has ever been through! I felt replenished and ready to go for another 10 days. I really do feel like going a full two weeks would be great for me. I am learning how to listen to my body again, and it feels great.
 
Morning of day 5 - I sooooo wanted to publish this post last night to update you guys on days 3 and 4 but I was up all night chatting with my friend Mercedes! (She's been with me 5 years strong!  Her and her mom are my #1 clients; they became more than that over the years, we're practically family!) I woke up feeling full of energy, I made 20 ounces of water mixed with lemon, lime and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Which is basically the master cleanse minus the maple syrup.
 
Tomorrow I am working for at a beauty counter for a special event and I'm so nervous that I'm going to have to use the bathroom every 20 minutes if I drink too much, but if I don't drink enough I will get really hungry! I'm really nervous about tomorrow. The only time I could remember fasting and feeling perfectly fine was when I did my 3 day water fast with my friend Tasia. It was just so easy... then I think back and put myself back in that place. What made that fast different? I wasn't doing it for weight loss. My mindset and reasoning was totally different. I was doing it with Tasia and her church. Her church was open for 24 hours for 3 days and members were fasting. She told me about it and asked if I'd like to join. At that point I had already done one master cleanse and I felt like 3 days would be fine especially for an opportunity to be apart of such a spiritual experience. Point is, my reasoning was much bigger than weight loss, and that is where I realize my mind needs to stay- on the bigger picture.
 
 
Follow me on Instagram ♥ @beautybyrhenicia or click here
Tweet me @beautyrhenicia or click here 
Like my Facebook page ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ CLICK HERE It would mean so much if you guys can take the time out to like my new Facebook page ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ xoxo
 
 
I just want to take a moment and pay respect to Sandra Bland, may she rest in peace. What happened to her was terrible when I saw the video my blood was boiling and tears came to my eyes.
 
 
"For anything worth having one must pay the price; and the price is always work, patience, love, self-sacrifice - no paper currency, no promises to pay, but the gold of real service."
 
 

Popular Posts