May Favorites!

So glad to be able to get this post out before the first week of June was over!

When I'm loving something I tend to abuse it! So here is my short and sweet list of most used/loved/abused items for the month of May ♥



Product
Milk Of Magnesia -







I always fill an empty bottle (usually a tiny spray bottle) with milk of magnesia and keep it in my kit.  It works as an excellent face primer! It gives the skin a tight feeling when applied (I usually spray some onto my hands and pat onto clients skin or spray it onto a brush - just like you'd apply any other  primer.) This is so great for weddings when you want the makeup to last hours upon hours with a smooth poreless finish. Some people use milk of magnesia as a face mask as well! (I wouldn't recommend this for someone with dry skin) With weddings and proms in full bloom; milk of magnesia deserves a spot on my May Favorites list- it has been my go to primer this month for sure!


Food
Pecan Pie


Ugh, I'm so ashamed to admit!!!! I literally have just grown an obsession for pecan pie over night! I went from never eating it to craving it all the time! That is not the worst part of it though, I have my daughter obsessed with it too! I vow that for the month of June, NO PECAN PIE! I hate that I only feel like I need to eat healthy if I have something coming up! I literally will not go anywhere unless I know in advance! Horrible way to live, I know. #changeiscoming Hopefully for my June Favorites post my food favorite will be grilled, non seasoned, something.... -_-

Electronic
Bluetooth Remote


I am able to set up my phone using my new LED Light and Phone Bracket ; and take pics of clients & even record without having to stop working! (that's the biggest plus for me) I love the fact that I can just snap at any moment I feel while doing a makeover as well! Really happy with this purchase; and the best part is that it was only $5!!

App
Hyperlapse -

I recently discovered the Timelapse option on my iPhone 6! I have been recording videos and piecing them together ever since! There are so many cool things that you can do with Timelapse! I did some digging on my newly found function & came across- Hyperlapse (which is owned by Instagram if i'm not mistaken) You can control the speed of your Timelapse with this app. I'm still trying to figure out if it's just me or is the quality of my Timelapse videos different than my Hyperlapse videos? For some reason because Hyperlapse is an app I feel like they don't come out as crisp... but I love the fact that you can control the speed!

Enjoy the footage I've been taking of my daughter using both Timelapse and Hyperlapse (but mostly hyperlapse) for the month of May at the park! I promised her that she can go to the park every Friday once she keeps up getting 103% on her spelling tests!


Her scandalous laugh brings so much joy to my heart!



What items have you been obsessed with lately? Have you ever tried any of my obsessions?


"I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent; curiosity, obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism have brought me to my ideas."



Comments

  1. I have an iPhone 6 and I have no idea of Timelapse! Shows how much I navigate through my phone. LOL! And I have never had pecan pie in my life before! Actually I'm not a fan of any type of pies nor do I like dessert. Not because of diet, I just don't have a sweet tooth. LOL! I love that you include different things in your favourites, it's much better than just beauty stuff. xx

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally just started taking selfies after a night out with my friends... When I went to view them I noticed I wasn't taking selfies it was Timelapse videos... Then I googled it and figured out how to use it! Lol

      Thanks so much for stopping by xo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I haven't had any so far this month.. I've been good lol! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment