Tips & Tricks: Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer!




What You'll Need:


Sephora Anti-Shine Primer ($18)



A tube of Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer ($25)


This brush gives the PERFECT application for the trick! Sephora's Professionnel Platinum Foundation Airbrush Brush #56 ($32)
I like this brush because it's dense and buffs on foundation beautifully, especially when youre looking to accomplish full coverage without having to layer.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

The hype about Kat Von D's tattoo concealer may be over, but I've learned this super cool trick that I just had to share with you all!


When launched this concealer was being marketed as though it could cover up tattoo's! I mean, Kat is a tattoo artist full of ummm... tattoo's and she did a photoshoot for her makeup line (tattoo's fully covered)... They even gave us steps for us to follow to get that great coverage they portray in those lovely photos that Kat took!

I was disappointed when I tried it for the first time. I didnt try to cover dark circles or a blemish on my face... oh no, I tried to cover up a tattoo! Followed each step.. but to no avail.

For a full coverage water proof foundation this pro trick couldnt have come into my hands at a better time! I am countinously looking for great products and smart buys for my kit & hopefully this will help some of you as well!

Step 1:

♥ Small amount of the Anti-Shine Primer along with a small amount of Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer
I use the back of my hand (you can use whatever you feel comfortable using) When products get warmed up from your hand I find it to go on a lot smoother!

♥ Whip them together with the end of a brush

♥ Pick up foundation with your brush in a stippling motion to coat all of the bristles evenly

Apply in a stippling motion onto your face, then start buffing. (I do small areas at a time in a fast motion making sure that the mixture warms up on the skin and blends smoothly without setting while I'm still working with it)

Why Sephora Anti-Shine Primer?

♥ Contains menthol and camphor which are cooling properties.

♥ The silicones in it leaves a smooth finish on the skin.

Controls and balances sebum production.

♥ Guarantees that your makeup stays fresh and color-true.


Sebum is an oily substance secreted by the sebaceous glands in mammalian skin. An excess of sebum, can make the skin or hair oily, and it can begin to smell when broken down by bacteria outside the body. The sebaceous glands are usually attached to hair follicles, but they also exist in some hairless areas of the human body, such as the eyelids.

Sebaceous glands often go into overdrive during puberty, excess sebum can cause oily skin, odors, and acne.



I'm not saying to throw out your foundation & make this your new routine, this is just a trick that I picked up and wanted to share with you all! It is perfect for hot summer days! You don't want your make-up melting off of your face on July 4th when your at the beach right! Try this out! Won't transfer & it's also waterproof!!

For those building their make-up kits a good idea is to invest in a couple of these concealers, you can custom blend them yourself for the perfect shade at only $25 a pop ♡


Some say $25 is too much for a concealer but think about it, this is so pigmented a little goes a long way so it can last up to a year! For good coverage I'd say it's worth every penny!





"Sitting in front of my mirror with tons of makeup all around me, laptop on my lap & blogging!! Ahhh, I really needed this!"



Comments

  1. I've heard the Hard Candy Glamoflauge is a dupe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Never tried these concealers but heard people talking about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! Wow, I can't believe you can conceal so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...that is amazing!!!!!! I didnt know they had concealers that would do this. Thanks for the tips! I am now following, you have such a great blog with tons of tips and since I am so clueless about makeup it would be nice to learn some stuff from you. Hope you can stop by and follow if you like.

    xoxo
    Maury
    www.villa-bisono.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post, have you tried hard candy's glamoflage concealer? I heard it was comparable to Kat Von D's concealer so I think its worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, thanks for the tip mavi.. going to check it out!

    aww villa, def going to stop by & follow back xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment